Hi and purrs! Our names are Iverson (left) and Imogene (right). We are a brother and sister pair who have been shuffled around far too many times in our short 8 months of life. My brother Iverson is the very handsome long-haired black kitty show above. I am the beautiful black and white kitty with the gorgeous golden eyes. We are both a little shy due to what we have gone through - but we are very sweet once you get to know us. We are both fixed and microchipped and up to date on our testing and shots. Our special adoption fee is $100 and we need to find a furrever home to go to together. For more information or to come and visit us, contact Wild Blue Animal Rescue and Sanctuary at (719) 964-8905 or (719) 213-1127.
Great news! Thanks to a recent grant from the BISSELL Pet Foundation – we were able to purchase this new, sanitizable Crijo cat tree system for the senior/quiet room at the sanctuary!! BISSELL graciously replied to our request after the flood waters came through and destroyed most of our cat trees. The Foundation said that they are “proud to support the efforts of organizations that work every day to advocate and care for homeless pets. Wild Blue’s compassion and commitment to homeless animals has resonated strongly with us, and it brings us much joy to award Wild Blue with this grant.” Thank you so much for your support!
The Wild Blue Animal Rescue and Sanctuary mission is to Save the Precious lives of cats, dogs and horses who are abandoned, abused, neglected or surrendered, and to find them permanent homes or provide lifetime sanctuary, if necessary.
Adopt a precious friend!
- To adopt a pet from Wild Blue Animal Rescue, please either visit us at one of our adoption tables or contact us via email or phone to make an appointment for a visit. Our adoption fairs are held on Saturdays at Petco from noon until 4:00 PM (1st and 3rd Saturdays - North Nevada Petco; 2nd and 4th Saturdays - Union & Powers Petco).
- Please click on the "Adopt" tab to view our adoptable pets on Petfinder.com or AdoptAPet.com
- Adoptable pets are all spayed/neutered/gelded and up-to-date on vaccines (unless they aren't old enough). All cats/kittens are tested for FeLV/FIV and all dogs are tested for Heartworm.
- Click here for a copy of our adoption application
- Click here for a copy of our adoption contract
- You are encouraged to fill out both the adoption application and contract prior to visiting us so that more of your time with us is spent playing with and choosing your potential new companion(s).
- NOTE: An adoption application and interview as well as a signed adoption contract are required for every adoption.
Help Us Help Them
Please click here to donate, become a sustaining member, or to see what items we need at the sanctuary.
Surrendering a Precious Friend
If you are looking to surrender an animal, please be sure you have done everything possible to keep your best friend. We are available to talk to you about how to get help with behavior issues. If you are moving, please do all you can to move to a place that will allow your pet family members to stay with you. If all else fails, we can try to accept your pet into our care.
- Your contact information to include name, email, phone, mailing address.
- Reason for surrendering your precious friend.
- Your pet's name, vet information, vaccine info, description (male/female, declawed, house broken, behavior issues, etc.) and photo.
Surrender fees apply as follows:
- $75 per cat/kitten
- $100 per litter of kittens or dog
- $150 per litter of sickly/orphaned kittens or litter of puppies.
Save Precious Lives!